To elevate our community by empowering our neighbors to reach their full potential.
For every individual to know hope, dignity, and purpose through the love of Jesus.
Our team is vibrant, creative and compassionate. We’re looking for individuals with similar attributes who are self-starting, highly motivated, and have a deep care for individuals experiencing poverty in the Branson community. If you’re interested in joining a team that addresses challenges face on, fosters an environment where people can experience life-changing community, and contributes to a culture where everyone feels valued, read about our available opportunities below.
Position Overview: The Part-Time Thrift Store Associate assists staff in the Elevate Thrift Store to generate revenue that directly supports Elevate Branson programs and services. The Part-Time Thrift Store Associate carries out all retail operations including: point of sale, customer service, store appearance, and interactions with guests.
- Control inventory by sorting, pricing, and displaying donated items.
- Efficiently operate the point of sale system.
- Consistently monitor store safety and aesthetic and take corrective action when needed
- Ability to accurately receive payments by cash, check, credit cards or vouchers as well as issue change due to customers.
- Count money, calculate total payments received, and reconcile with total sales.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas, and complete other general cleaning duties.
- Interact with customers and donors to build a positive relationship.
- Ability to serve customers courteously, efficiently and ensure that the highest standards of customer service are met at all times.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertising.
- Must fully support the Elevate Branson missions, visions and values.
- 1 year of experience in a customer focused position.
- Experience in a retail environment (preferred)
- Ability to effectively communicate (strong oral and written communication skills) and work well with a variety different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Basic math and money counting skills.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale systems.
- Ability to problem-solve, make good decisions for the organization, attend to details, and prioritize multiple projects at one time.
- Must be available to work on Saturdays and variable shifts.
- Requires frequent walking, standing, bending, squatting, pulling and pushing.
- Occasionally may be required to lift items up to 30 pounds to a height up to 6 feet.
- Visual ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Reaching (below at and above the shoulder level), kneeling, bending at the waist, pushing pulling, twisting, and rotating required
- Repetitive hand motion required
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process utilizing QuickBooks Online.
- Accurately complete bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Assist with financial audits to ensure compliance.
- Understand, process, investigate, and resolve all discrepancies with invoices and accounts receivables/payables.
- Prepare checks for vendors and specific program needs.
- Assist Program Directors with payroll and financial reports as needed.
- Receive, reconcile and submit expense reports.
- Process employee time and payroll.
- Record employee information, such change on pay rate, job title and terminations.
- Assist departments with personnel/payroll related inquiries.
- Process Workers Compensation and Unemployment Claims.
- Process annual 1099’s, W-2’s and other Tax forms.
- Provide general support to staff, donors and external clients.
- Maintain accurate records and files.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Prepare and send annual donor acknowledgment letters.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs.
- Experienced in the use of QuickBooks Online with accounting background.
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems.
- Experience using office equipment, including printers and fax machines.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person).
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Create, support, engage, and implement transferable systems for resources and experiences that can easily be passed on.
- Must fully support Elevate Branson mission, vision, values and staff.
- High School degree
- Office environment
- English is the primary language skill, however, bilingual skills a plus
- We serve the poor, the forgotten and those who have no voice
- We inspire people to be authentic, transparent and non-judgmental
- We create an amazing sense of community
- We empower people to take meaningful next steps
- We move people to embrace the journey of life change
- We help people find their purpose