To elevate our community by empowering our neighbors to reach their full potential.
For every individual to know hope, dignity, and purpose through the love of Jesus.
Our team is vibrant, creative and compassionate. We’re looking for individuals with similar attributes who are self-starting, highly motivated, and have a deep care for individuals experiencing poverty in the Branson community. If you’re interested in joining a team that addresses challenges face on, fosters an environment where people can experience life-changing community, and contributes to a culture where everyone feels valued, read about our available opportunities below.
Position Overview: The purpose of the Elevate Community LCSW or LPC is to provide excellent service to those that may be hurting and hopeless in the community. This person provides hope, love and compassion while exhibiting the skill to come alongside and case manage neighbors living in the Elevate Tiny Home Community. The LCSW or LPC’s objective is to support the mission of Elevate Branson and the neighbors served by assisting with specific barriers to emotional needs; while also, establishing and maintaining an environment for neighbors that is consistent with agency values.
- Enforce Elevate Branson’s policies and follow staff policies and procedures
- Converge neighbor demographics, case notes and referral information into data collection system(s)
- Update neighbor points of contact in Charity Tracker, HMIS and other software programs
- Create referral phone calls and neighbor follow-ups
- Work with Elevate Branson staff to promote on campus networking for neighbors
- Act as a point-of-contact for neighbors and case manage residents as needed
- Work in Elevate Community to ensure safety, health, and well-being of residents
- Advocate for neighbors’ housing needs
- Demonstrate ability to problem-solve, analyze data, make good decisions for the organization, attend to details, and prioritize multiple projects at one time
- Synthesize various monthly reports
- Participate in crisis intervention for immediate management of severely agitated, disruptive, self-destructive, and/or aggressive residents and neighbors
- Provide appropriate information and referrals for those who need other resources
- Maintain written and oral communication of incidents in accordance with policies
- Preforms other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree or higher in counseling, social work, psychology, or mental health-related fields with Missouri state LCSW or LPC license. (We are not able to accept interns or therapists who require supervision to provide individual therapy.
- Individual health care plan development and evaluation
- Clean background check
- Ability to manage multiple projects with demanding and competing deadlines, superior organizational skills and the ability to maintain a quality work place in a diverse, fast paced, stressful and changing environment.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, self-motivation, organization, and resourcefulness while maintaining a reputation through proven action of being team and neighbor oriented and willing to assist where/when needed.
- Ability to negotiate with different personalities and work under competing priorities.
- Ability to assess emergency situations and respond effectively
- Excellent written and verbal skills in the English language
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work alongside individuals from all walks of life
- Works well with a variety different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Minimum of 2 years working in a similar field OR a degree in social work or a related field
- Knowledge of the Homeless Management Information System
Compensation: Competitive salary with earned time off and benefits.
Position Overview: The Part-Time Thrift Store Associate assists staff in the Elevate Thrift Store to generate revenue that directly supports Elevate Branson programs and services. The Part-Time Thrift Store Associate carries out all retail operations including: point of sale, customer service, store appearance, and interactions with guests.
- Control inventory by sorting, pricing, and displaying donated items.
- Efficiently operate the point of sale system.
- Consistently monitor store safety and aesthetic and take corrective action when needed
- Ability to accurately receive payments by cash, check, credit cards or vouchers as well as issue change due to customers.
- Count money, calculate total payments received, and reconcile with total sales.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas, and complete other general cleaning duties.
- Interact with customers and donors to build a positive relationship.
- Ability to serve customers courteously, efficiently and ensure that the highest standards of customer service are met at all times.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertising.
- Must fully support the Elevate Branson missions, visions and values.
- 1 year of experience in a customer focused position.
- Experience in a retail environment (preferred)
- Ability to effectively communicate (strong oral and written communication skills) and work well with a variety different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Basic math and money counting skills.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale systems.
- Ability to problem-solve, make good decisions for the organization, attend to details, and prioritize multiple projects at one time.
- Must be available to work on Saturdays and variable shifts.
- Requires frequent walking, standing, bending, squatting, pulling and pushing.
- Occasionally may be required to lift items up to 30 pounds to a height up to 6 feet.
- Visual ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Reaching (below at and above the shoulder level), kneeling, bending at the waist, pushing pulling, twisting, and rotating required
- Repetitive hand motion required